Category Archives: Period 1
Today we will work on a very interesting and educative activity! Pay attention to the instructions and work silently:
- Open the app “photo booth” on your ipad.
- Select one effect that may work in order to take a photograph that includes both, a convex and concave effect.
- Write down a 100-130 word photo description including at least: 2 sentence with 3 adjectives in sequential order (refer to the picture below) and at least 3 time expressions.
- Post your photo description and photograph here
Content and Skills:
1) Reading Comprehension: Main idea, secondary ideas and details, vocabulary in context.
2) Listening Comprehension: Trinity Format (note taking and answering question)
3) Writing: Describe and Object
4) Vocabulary and Grammar: Key Words and Academic Words from reading 2 + Order of Adjectives + Adverb Clauses of Time
A) Keystone D Textbook: Unit 1 “What is light?” (pp 16, 19-20 ,30)
B) Class Website Material https://g19ise1mackay.wordpress.com/(posts, videos, explanations, examples, online practice)
Today you will learn what adverb clauses of time are and how to use them. To start, let’s read the definition provided in your Textbook:
Adverb clauses of time express when. An adverb clause of time begins with a time expression, such as, after, when, until, while, since, nad whenever. When adverb clause of time begins the sentece, use a comma. When an adverb clause finishes the sentece, there is no need for a comma.
Now complete the handout and check what you have learned.
Find the Assessment Plan for this semester. It is important that you keep record of it!
Units to be covered:
- Nº1 What’s light and
- Nº3 How can we tell what’s right?
1.- PT 23 March: Integrated Skills Test based on Unit 1: What is light?
2.- PT 11 April: Trinity Reading and Writing:
3.- ED 25 April: “Science Experiment”
4.- ED 18 May: “Performance Assessment”.
5.- ED 8 June: “Performance Assessment: Fables and Bitstrips”
6.- PT 21 June: Integrated Skills Test based on Unit 3: “How can we tell what is right?”