Category Archives: Assessment
Content and Skills:
1) Reading Comprehension: Main idea, secondary ideas and details, vocabulary in context.
2) Listening Comprehension: Trinity Format (note taking and answering question)
3) Writing: Describe and Object
4) Vocabulary and Grammar: Key Words and Academic Words from reading 2 + Order of Adjectives + Adverb Clauses of Time
A) Keystone D Textbook: Unit 1 “What is light?” (pp 16, 19-20 ,30)
B) Class Website Material https://g19ise1mackay.wordpress.com/(posts, videos, explanations, examples, online practice)
Find the Assessment Plan for this semester. It is important that you keep record of it!
Units to be covered:
- Nº1 What’s light and
- Nº3 How can we tell what’s right?
1.- PT 23 March: Integrated Skills Test based on Unit 1: What is light?
2.- PT 11 April: Trinity Reading and Writing:
3.- ED 25 April: “Science Experiment”
4.- ED 18 May: “Performance Assessment”.
5.- ED 8 June: “Performance Assessment: Fables and Bitstrips”
6.- PT 21 June: Integrated Skills Test based on Unit 3: “How can we tell what is right?”
Today you will start working on a new project based on our readers: Boudicca and The Odyssey: The Graphic Novel.
Click here to get a PDF copy of the instructions, activities, and assessment rubrics: 8th Readers Project
Your next evaluation consists in re-enacting an interview between a famous criminal and the leading detective in the case.
Choose a criminal from the given links and let your creativity flow!!!
You can find your booklet here and the rubric for the interview (oral and written) also here.
Links to choose your criminal: