Author Archives: veracallejas
Today we will work on a very interesting and educative activity! Pay attention to the instructions and work silently:
- Open the app “photo booth” on your ipad.
- Select one effect that may work in order to take a photograph that includes both, a convex and concave effect.
- Write down a 100-130 word photo description including at least: 2 sentence with 3 adjectives in sequential order (refer to the picture below) and at least 3 time expressions.
- Post your photo description and photograph here
Content and Skills:
1) Reading Comprehension: Main idea, secondary ideas and details, vocabulary in context.
2) Listening Comprehension: Trinity Format (note taking and answering question)
3) Writing: Describe and Object
4) Vocabulary and Grammar: Key Words and Academic Words from reading 2 + Order of Adjectives + Adverb Clauses of Time
A) Keystone D Textbook: Unit 1 “What is light?” (pp 16, 19-20 ,30)
B) Class Website Material https://g19ise1mackay.wordpress.com/(posts, videos, explanations, examples, online practice)
Today you will learn what adverb clauses of time are and how to use them. To start, let’s read the definition provided in your Textbook:
Adverb clauses of time express when. An adverb clause of time begins with a time expression, such as, after, when, until, while, since, nad whenever. When adverb clause of time begins the sentece, use a comma. When an adverb clause finishes the sentece, there is no need for a comma.
Now complete the handout and check what you have learned.
After reading the Cherokee myth “Grandmother Spider Brings the Sun”, create your own myth that explains in a creative way why certain animal looks or behaves the way it does.
Follow the steps below in order to complete the task:
- Write your story (120-180 words) on your copybook.
- Record yourself. Use Adobe Voice application record your story. You can also include animals’ sounds to make your story sound more realistic!
- Add images. Find at least 4 images that fit in your story.
- Add text or extra images to make your narration more interesting.
- Save and send your work. Once you are happy with your video send it to your teacher through email.